Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Friday, March 12, 2010

Memories of Westin

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. In case anyone was wondering we are back. We got back last Wednesday. It was a trip I never thought we'd have to make to be honest. I really thought Westin would get better, and we'd watch him grow to be an amazing young man. The service to celebrate Westin's life was wonderful. The pastor said there were over 300 people there. It lasted almost 3 hours. People sang songs for Westin, even one of his sisters wrote a song for him and one of her friends sang it. It was beautiful. Others got up and talked about Westin and what a sweet boy he was and shared stories about him and about how he had touched their lives. He was an inspiration to many. He was so brave in everything he went through, he lived life to the fullest and didn't let his illness keep him from enjoying it, and he loved the Lord with all his heart. Church and home were his favorite places to be. Throughout his journey he put his faith in God to get him through each step and not in the doctors or their medicine, and I know that's what kept him so well most of the time throughout this. He never suffered all of the nasty side effects that the doctor's said he would have with all of the chemo he went through. Even though this is not the way we had hoped God would answer our prayers for Westin, we know that He did answer our prayers. Westin is healed now. He is no longer sick or in pain. He can walk again, something he hadn't been able to do the last couple of months. And although it's hard to say goodbye to him, we are happy for Westin, and we know that we'll all see him again real soon. The day before Westin passed away I heard a song on the radio and for some reason that song kept playing in my head all day that day and the next. Now I know why. It will always make me think of Westin now waiting for us in heaven. The song was Save a Place for Me by Matthew West, and I made a little video with that song with all of the pictures I have of our memories with Westin, and I also used a couple of my favorites of the family's pictures. Here's the video....




Please continue to pray for Westin's mommy and daddy and 3 older sisters as well as his grandparents who were also a big part of his life. He was the baby of the family, and they are missing him terribly, but trying to get through each day and get used to a new kind of normal.

No comments: