Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Anna's Not So Happy 3rd Birthday

My poor Anna never seems to get to have a good birthday. On her 1st birthday she and I both had bad colds, and were not feeling very well which made it hard to enjoy the day. Then on her 2nd birthday one of her great grandmothers on Arron's side of the family passed away that morning after battling cancer. Now this year on her 3rd birthday everyone except Arron had miserable colds again. Anna seemed to be feeling the worst of all of us too. You could tell she was excited about her birthday and was trying to enjoy it, but you could see in her poor little droopy eyes that she did not feel well at all. I don't think I got a single picture of her really smiling on her birthday. That's how bad she felt.

This is when she first woke up on her birthday. She's so happy to have her favorite baby, "B", back. She had to sleep without her the night before because she had been coughing so hard right after she went to bed that it made her spit up a little, and her "B" is what she spit up on.

She wanted to help make chocolate chip muffins for her birthday breakfast. She picked them out.

Enjoying her muffin.

Ready and waiting for her Minnie Mouse party.

Anna's Minnie Mouse cake I made.

Opening some cards, she had to kiss each one of them after she opened them. I'm not sure why she did that, but it was cute though.

Wanting to play with all her balloons.

Eating some of her birthday pizza.

Opening her Strawberry Shortcake doll.

A new leapfrog toy that teaches you how to make your letters.

Her new girlie bedding.

Opening some fingerpaints from Aunt Sharon and Uncle Bob. She loved them.

She loves her new crayons and Mickey Mouse coloring book from Grammy. Anna is our little artist.

Decorating herself with the stickers that were in her birthday card.

Gracie liked the bows and paper.

Anna blowing out her candles.


Ready for some cake.

Tasting her yummy cake.

She had a blast fingerpainting.


She loves to color and paint.

Doing a handprint for her birthday.

Sleeping in her new girlie princess bedding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe she's 3! I had forgotten how close she was in age to Rhainwen.